We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Walt Disney World Hidden Mickeys’ Hints and Tips.
Walt Disney World Hidden Mickeys Hints and Tips …
How many can you find? Hidden Mickeys’ have been placed in Disney’s Theme parks since around the time of the building of Epcot.
However, although over 1000 have been reported Disney has never actually revealed how many or where they all are! Some have been placed deliberately and some have just been organic or a natural phenomenon that was created by luck. Just remember that Hidden means that it is not a purposeful or decorative placement. Such as the manhole covers or the waffles at breakfast example.
Walt Disney World Hidden Mickey’s are generally three circles of one large and two small placed in the shape of Mickey’s head but, some are actually a silhouette of Mickey himself. There are some really big ones if you know where to look; for example, about 30 minutes west of Disney World is a Mickey Mouse Head Forest (It’s on Google maps if you want to see it HERE ) also a bit closer is the solar panels that sit in a 22-acre plot near Epcot that has been laid out in the same shape (You can see this on a satellite image on Google maps here.).
However inside the parks, they are everywhere, some really obscure, it’s a good idea to ask cast members if they know of any and usually they will point some out. But for now, I have made a list of some of the ones I know about and that have a story to them, there are too many to list, however.
You can even make a game up if you like; see who can find the most, or even the most obscure! It’s great fun to keep the kids entertained especially while waiting in queues.
So remember, Disney World Hidden Mickeys How Many Can You Find?
Here are some to help you on your way!
- Haunted Mansion ride in Magic Kingdom. The plates on a table in the Banquet scene have been placed in the shape of a Mickey Head. Allegedly it wasn’t meant to be like this but a mischievous cast member thought it would be a laugh and it stuck.
- Also at the Haunted Mansion, you can find a classic Hidden Mickey; in the graveyard scene near the end of the ride and approaching the arch where three hitchhiking ghosts are located you need to look back and right of their doom buggies to see a crypt with the Grim reaper floating, his outstretched hand is what you are looking for.
- Rockin Roller Coaster. On the floor in the scene where Aerosmith appears, the cables for the guitar amplifiers have been laid out in the shape of a Mickey Head.
- Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom. Look at the Leopard on the wall in the middle of his front leg there is a spot carefully place in the shape of Mickey’s Head.
- Spaceship Earth (this ride is being renovated and updated so this might actually change) However in the renaissance scene there are three painted circles on the table that just happens to look like a Mickey Head.
- In the Loading dock for Slinky Dog Dash in Hollywood Studios, there is a Mickey Head in the Mural.
- They also appear on the landing dock for the ferry boat outside of Magic Kingdom.
- One of the newer restaurants in Magic Kingdom is ‘Be Our Guest’ at the Beast’s castle and here, if you look up at the ceiling, you will see a sky with clouds floating and a really rare Minnie head, it’s best to look for her bow shape first and then you will see the rest of her head appear.
- Near to Be Our Guest is The Little Mermaid ride ‘Under the Sea’; now this one is a little tricky to spot, it’s actually the shape of steamboat willy and it is set in a three-dimensional rock formation on the path into the ride. So stop at the end of the path and look back at the rocks that are to the right of a small body of water and look very closely (I would suggest looking on Google first! Just so you know what you are looking for).
- On Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin ride in Tomorrowland, you will see posters around the queuing and loading area depicting a space scene, in this scene is a plant that has a landmass in the shape of Mickeys’ head.
- Also in Tomorrowland is The People Transit Mover, while on this you will go through a section where a lady is having her hair done by a robot, look closely at the buckle on her belt, you guessed it, it’s a mickey head buckle.
- When you ride ‘It’s a Small World’ you will see in the Jungle themed area a swinging band flanked by Elephants and Giraffes’ and either side of the doorway are purple vines hanging from the ceiling, on these vines are leaves shaped like the classic Mickey head.
- Another Rare Minnie Head can be found on the Jungle Cruise ride in Magic Kingdom. It’s located in the Temple on the river and is on a pillar that juts out just before exiting the temple.
- In the Splash Mountain ride as you drop in on Briar Rabbits riverboat you will see a hidden Mickey up in the clouds; Mickey is in full profile lying on his back looking up at other clouds. You can also see this if you ride the Railroad Steam train as it passes through Splash Mountain on its way to Frontier Land.
- There are some gears lying on the grass by Big Thunder Mountain that has been left in the shape of a Mickey Head.
- Peter Pans Flight, the main sign on the entrance has a scene of Peter Pan standing on a cloud, look below his feet!
- In the bark of the trees as you enter Peter Pans’ Flight there is a hidden Mickey.
- Even one of the Sand Bunkers of the sixth hole at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course is shaped like a Mickey Head.
- When you ride Soarin’ don’t forget to watch the final firework scene closely, you may just see a famous mouse head appear!
- Always be on the lookout, especially in queuing areas, for example in the Test Track queue in Epcot you will see car parts, hoses, and washers, some left in the shape of Mickey’s head.
- In the Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios, when you ride look closely at the little girl in the lift she may be carrying a Mickey Mouse doll.
- In Rafiki’s Planet watch you can spend a little time and you will find quite a few Mickeys dotted around; I think I counted 25 the last time I looked.
- When watching The Festival of The Lion King pay attention to the props and costumes as there are Mickey Head designs in lots of places.
- On the climb up in Seven Dwarf Mine Train, you will see a gem rock formation that is in the shape of a Mickey Silhouette be quick though or you will miss it.
- If you are lucky enough to visit the Grand Floridian the look up at the Stained Glass dome and see if you can spot a Mickey Head in the design.
- There’s even a Mickey Head-shaped Popcorn on the Popcorn display near Toy Story mania.
- Hidden in the cement outside Aladdin’s Magic Carpet Ride there is a spoon shape in the ground and in the center of the spoon is a Mickey Head.
- In Animal Kingdom there is the Maharajahs Jungle Trek and here you will see a Mural that depicts the Maharajah and look closely at his earing!
- Even in the new Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge you will find carefully placed blaster holes on the side of a building that looks very much like Mickey’s head.
- Another large Mickey Head can be found by looking at the Hollywood Studios map, yes the Central circular stage area has a lake (echo lake) and a studio building on its perimeter which when looking at from above look like the shape of Mickey’s head. It was actually designed to be a full Mickey head however over time the park has changed and some of the outlines are covered up.
- This is one I have never actually seen, however, a few cast members have told me about it. On Voyage of the Little Mermaid, a skylight shines Mickey’s head but it’s only ever visible on one day of the year and if the weather is right! If you are lucky enough to be in the park on November 18th (Yes Mickeys Birthday) then you may just get a glimpse of this one.
- On the exit doors of the Stitch ride you will see an Alien font making up two words, look closely and it spells out MICKEY MOUSE, you really have to look hard though.
I can definitely say there are many many more hidden Mickeys’ around the resort and if you spend a little time looking you will actually realize that they are literally everywhere. My family always enjoy trying to find new ones and to see if the old ones are still there the next time we go.
If, you have spotted any unique Hidden Mickeys’ please share – it’s always great to see what others find.
Disney World Hidden Mickeys How Many Can You Find? Let me know!