We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Here are some of the most Powerful Mary Poppins Quotes
Released in 1964 by Walt Disney Studios Mary Poppins got 13 Academy nominations (a record for Walt Disney Studios) it won 5 awards including best actress and best original score. In 2013 the film was selected for preservation by the Library of Congress in the United States Film Registry as being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant”.
Mary Poppins is the nanny of all nannies and the film follows a beautiful blend of music, song, and dance throughout Edwardian London. The live-action is blended with some artistic and colorful animation to create some of the all-time classic songs, dance routines, quotes, and lines that we all know and love. Here I share some powerful Mary Poppins Quotes.
- “Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down in the most delightful way.” – Mary Poppins
- “There’s the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps.” – Bert
- “Why do you always complicate things that are really quite simple? Give me your hand please, Michael. Don’t slouch.” – Mary Poppins.
- “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Mary Poppins was right, it’s extraordinary! It does make you feel better.” – Mr. Banks
- “Though we adore men individually, we agree as that as a group they’re rather stupid.” – Mrs. Banks
- “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and – SNAP – the job’s a game.” – Mary Poppins
- “If you want to find Cherry Tree Lane all you have to do is ask the policeman at the crossroads.” – P.L Travers
- “Dorcas and Phyllis and Glynis are sorts. I’ll agree they’re three jolly good sports. But cream of the crop, tip of the top is Mary Poppins and where we stop.”- Bert
- “I’ll stay till the wind changes.” – Mary Poppins
- “Fiddlesticks, boy! Feed the birds and what have you got? Fat birds.” – Mr. Dawes Sr.
- “Uncle Albert, I got a jolly joke I saved for just such an occasion. Would you like to hear it?” – Bert
- “Chim Chiminey, Chim Chiminey Chim Chim Cher-ee.” – Bert
- “You know, begging your pardon, but the one who my heart goes out for is your father. There he is in that cold, heartless money. I don’t like to see any living thing caged up .” – Mary Poppins.
- “Glorious day, Mr. Binnacle, Glorious! No one sleeps this morning! Put in a double charge of power? ” – Admiral Boom
- “Practically perfect people never permit sentiment to muddle their thinking.” – Mary Poppins
- “Is that so? Well, I’ll tell you one thing .”- Parrot Umbrella
- “As a matter of fact, since you hired Mary Poppins, the most extraordinary things seem to have come over the household.” – Mrs banks
- “You’re a man of a high position, esteemed by your peers. And when your little tykes are crying, you haven’t time to dry their tears…….And see their thankful little faces smiling up at you….. cause their dad he knows just what to do.” – Bert
- “Rosy cheeks and everything.” – Michael Banks
- “Never give us castor oil or gruel.” – Jane Banks
- “Sometimes a person we love, through no fault of their own can’t see past the end of his nose.” – Mary Poppins
- “When stands the bank of England, England stands – whoa, whoa…..! When falls the bank of England……..England falls!” – Mr. Dawes Sr.
- “One of my own day-old chicks is handsome than Mary P ever was.”” – P.L Travers
- “Here we are, number 17 Cherry Tree Lane residence of George Banks Esq.” – Bert
- “Open different doors. You may find a you there that you never knew was yours.” – Mary Poppins
- “Never judge things by their appearance….even carpet bags. I’m sure I never do.”- Mary Poppins.
- “Take Ellen, for instance. She hasn’t broken a dish all morning.” – Mrs. Banks
- “A word of advice, young man.” – Admiral Boom.
- “You think …..you wink….. you do a double blink. You close your eyes and JUMP.” – Bert
- “He’s got a nice cushy job in a watch factory.” – Uncle Albert
- “And, then the man said, I’d like to replace your cat. And the lady said, that’s all right with me, but how are you at catching mice?” – Uncle Albert
- “These silly words like superca…… super….superca…” – Mr Banks
- “As the ship lay in Boston harbor, a party of colonists, dressed as red Indians, board the vessel, behaved very rudely, and threw all the tea overboard.” – Mr. Banks
- “You see/ when your world turns upside down the best thing is to turn right along with it.” – Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins Returns)
- “Well not Royal Academy, I suppose.” – Bert
- “The same substance composes us – the tree overhead, the stone beneath us, the bird, the beast, the star – we are all one, all moving to the same end” P.L Travers
For more quotes