We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Beauty and the Beast has so much meaning for so many – it is an amazing story about love, family, and respect. It shows an amazing bond between Belle and Maurice – her father.
This movie was launched in late 1991 and was the 30th Disney animated feature film to be released. It was a huge hit, with both fans and critics, and is so very popular with the young and older generations even today.
The cast was superb and it is to this day a very timeless movie with the amazing Angela Lansbury playing Mrs. Potts and Jerry Orbach playing Lumiere and with Paige O’Hara playing Belle.
For Disney’s Beauty and the Beast live-action movie, Disney has taken a classic fairy tale to create an enchanting story with timeless themes. It tells the story of Belle, a young woman who learns that beauty is only skin deep when she meets a beast in his castle. It also shows her bravery as she breaks free from society’s constraints to become something more than just another pretty face.
Here I am sharing some of my favorite quotes from Beauty and the Beast.
- “I want more than this provincial life !” Belle
- “The tale as old as time!” Mrs. Potts
- “Try the grey stuff it’s delicious!” – Lumiere For more about the grey stuff check out BOG.
- ” If she doesn’t eat with me, she doesn’t eat at all!” The Beast.
- “Think of the one thing you have always wanted. Now find it in your mind’s eye and feel it in your heart!” Beast
- “She warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. ” the narrator.
- “He’s no monster Gaston; you are!” Belle
- “Don’t you see? She’s the one. The girl we have been waiting for. She has come to break the spell. ” Lumiere
- “Take it with you so you’ll always have a way to look back … and remember me.” Beast
- “Please….. don’t leave me I love you.” Belle
- “This castle is your home now, so you can go anywhere you like, except the west wing.” Beast
- “If he could learn to love another and earn her love in return, by the time the last petal fell, then, the spell will be broken.”
- “New and a bit alarming. Whoever thought this could be? true that he is no prince charming but there is something in him I simply didn’t see!” Belle
- “Ma chere, Mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents…. your dinner!”
- “Pleased to meet you! Want to see me do a trick?” Chip
- “Now, Chip, I won’t have you making up such stories. Now into the tub.” Ms Potts
- “Madame! There is a girl in the castle!” Feather duster.
- “See I told you.” Chip
- “How can you read this? there’s no pictures!” Gaston
- “I would like to thank you all for coming to my wedding. But first I better go in there and purpose to the girl!” Gaston
- “Well, some people use their imagination.” Belle
- “His mustache tickles mama” Cup
- “You take me as your prisoner, and now you want to have dinner with me, are you insane” Belle
- “Ashamed of his monstrous form the beast concealed himself inside the castle, with a magic mirror “Every morning just the same since the morning that we came to this poor provincial town!” Belle
- ” A broken clock is right two times a day, mon ami, but this is not one of those times. Stand up straight. It’s time to sparkle!” – Lumiere
- “Almost immediately, I found the red door into the library.” Belle
- “Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young prince lived in a shining castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled, selfish, and unkind.” The narrator.
- Belle – “What are you reading” Beast – “Nothing” Belle – “Guinevere and Lancelot” Beast – ” Well actually…… King Arthur and the round table. Knights, and men, and swords, and things…… ” Belle -“Still….. it’s a romance” Beast – ” Alright….. “
- “Look at her, Lefou. My future wife… and the beasts head will hang on our wall” Gaston
- “The prince tried to apologize, but it was too late, for she had seen that there was no love in his heart. And as punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all that lived there” The Narrator
- “Sacre Bleu! Invaders” Lumiere
- “If it’s not Baroque, don’t fix it” Cogsworth
- “The rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom until his 21st year.” the narrator.
- “All she could recall were frayed, sleep watered images of a forgotten castle in the middle of the wild forest, stone statues, crimson roses, and a dark, animal presence never seen, but which stained her memory of the tale, even past it’s edges to the daylight after!”
- “On grade, you overgrown pocket watch!” Lumiere.
- “Since you are so kind as to think of me, be so kind as to bring me a rose, for as none grow hereabouts, they are a kind of rarity !” Jeanne Marie Beaumont
- “Impress her with your rapier wit ” Lumiere
- “If the Beast gave me a library like he gave to Belle, I would marry him too” Aya Ling
- “Off to the cupboard with you now, Chip. It’s past your bedtime. Goodnight, love” ms potts
- “No denying she’s a funny girl, that Belle!” Townfolk.
- “My dear Belle, you’re so ahead of your time. This is a small village, and it’s small-minded as well. But small also means safe.” Maurice.
- “I have found that most troubles seem less troubling after a bracing cup of tea!” Ms. Potts
- “And here I was thinking you were an utterly uneducated beast,” Belle said teasingly. “I am a prince,” he responded with hauteur.” Liz Braswell
- “You are the wildest, most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen! Nobody deserves you……..” Gaston
If you are heading out to Disney World and stop by Magic Kingdom, be sure to check out the Be Our Guest Restaurant where you get the opportunity to eat inside the Beasts enchanted castle, you can get a chance to try the”grey stuff” and you may even get to eat inside the west wing. Be sure to book a reservation before you go.