We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
“Hakuna Matata” is a phrase that is well-known around the world. It means “no worries” in Swahili, and it perfectly encapsulates the spirit of The Lion King. This movie is full of memorable quotes, from Simba’s declaration of Hakuna Matata to Mufasa’s stirring speech about the circle of life. In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the best Lion King quotes from the movie!
Released in 1994 this is the 32nd animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures and was the 5th feature-length film in what became the Disney Renaissance period. With its original songs by Elton John and lyricist Tim Rice, the soundtrack and score has become a worldwide sensation.
The story follows “Simba” the successor to his father the King of the Pride Lands (Mufasa). After Scar (e Uncle) murders Mufasa and makes Simba believe he was to blame, Simba is forced into exile. Enter Timon and Pumbaa a couple of carefree outcasts who take Simba under their wing until one day they run into Nala, a long-lost childhood friend of Simba’s. After the realization of the truth, Simba returns to challenge Scar and take his rightful place in the “Circle of life” as the King of the Pride Lands.
The exhilarating music and beautiful animation encompass the wonderful writing with some brilliant, memorable quotes and lines from the film that you will probably recall when you read them below.
- “Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect for all creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope. And so we are all connected, connected in the great circle of life” – Mufasa
- “I laugh in the face of danger.” – Simba
- “Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase,” – Pumbaa & Timon
- Everything the light touches is our king dome. A king’s time as a ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king.” – Mufasa
- “Yet, out of the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet then dawning of a new era, in which lion and hyena come together, in a great and glorious future!” – Scar
- Timon: “Look, kid. Bad things happen, and you can’t do anything about it. Right?” Simba: “Right.” Timon: “Wrong. When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world.”
- “There’s one in every family – two in mine, actually – and they always manage to ruin special occasions.” – Zazu
- “Life’s not fair, is it? You see I, I shall never be king. And you shall never see the light of another day.” – Scar
- “As you go through life, you will see that there is so much that we don’t understand. And the only thing we know is things don’t always go the way we plan. You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba” – Mufasa
- “While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give.” – Mufasa
- “Mufasa’s death was a terrible tragedy. But to lose Simba, who had barely begun to live…For me, it is a deep personal loss. So it is with a heavy heart that I assume the throne.” – Scar
- “That hairball is my son and your future king.” – Mufasa
- “Life’s not fair. Is it, my little friend? While you are born to feast, others spend their lives in the dark… begging for scraps” – Scar
- “It’s the circle of life and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, ‘til we find out place on the path unwinding.” – Animals
- “Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from the stars.” – Mufasa
- “I’m going to be King of Pride Rock. I want to be brave like you.” – Young Simba
- “Danger? Ha! I walk on the wild side.” – Simba
- “What if he is on our side? You know having a lion around might not be such a bad idea.” – Timon
- “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” – Old Rafiki
- “All the more reason for me to be protective. An elephant graveyard is no place for a young prince.” – Scar
- “A king’s true power is his compassion” – Sarabi
- Young Simba: “Hey Uncle Scar, when I’m King, what’ll that make you?” Scar: “A monkey’s uncle.” “It’s like my buddy Timon always says: you got to put your behind in your past.” –Pumbaa
- “Can you feel the love tonight?” -Animals
- “It’s a small world after all…” – Zazu
- “It’s a small world after all…” – Zazu
- “NO! NO! Anything but that!” -Scar
- “Asante sana squash banana!” – Rafiki
- “But Zazu, you told me they’re nothing but slobbering, mangy, stupid poachers!” –Simba
- “He’d make a very handsome throw rug.” – Zazu
- “Oh, where have I seen this before? Oooh, yes, this is exactly the way your father looked before he died. And here’s my little secret…I killed Mufasa!” – Scar
- ” What about that shadowy place?” – Simba
- “That’s beyond our borders. You must never go there, Simba.” – Mufasa
- “Simba’s the rightful king.” – Nala
- “Any story worth telling is worth telling twice.” – Rafiki
- “Luau! If you’re hungry for a hunk of fat and juicy meat, eat my buddy Pumbaa here because he is a treat!” – Timon
- “The tick birds are pecking on the elephants. I told the elephants to forget it, but they can’t.” -Zazu
- “Give me one good reason. You give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now.” – Simba
- “The king approaches! This is not a drill. His Majesty has requested an audience.Upon his entrance, you will rise and genuflect.” – Zazu
- “His father’s strength is flickering inside. I wonder how bravery will taste.” – Shenzi
- “Yes, well, as slippery as your mind is, as the king’s brother, you should have been first in line!” – Zazu
- “But this time, Daddy isn’t here to save you.” – Scar
All in all, the Lion King is an amazing movie with fantastic quotes that can be applied to real life. We hope you’ve enjoyed this post and would encourage you to check out some of our other posts about your favorite Disney movies. As always, thanks for reading!