We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
A Bug’s Life Beyond the Quotes.
Disney movies are a great way to escape the real world and enjoy some good, old-fashioned fun. While many people know and love the quotes from these movies, there is more to them than just memorable one-liners. Join me as we take a look at some of the hidden meanings and interesting facts behind A Bug’s Life. It’s tough to be a bug. Lets explore A Bug’s Life beyond the quotes.
Some fun facts about “A Bug’s Life”
Disney and Pixar have created some of our all-time favorite movies, but it’s hard not to love “Bug’s Life”! The film is about Flik, an inventor ant who tries to save his colony from greedy grasshoppers led by Hopper. It stars the voices of Dave Foley as Flik, Denis Leary as Hopper, Kevin Spacey as Francis (the villainous grasshopper), Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Princess Atta (Flik’s sister), and Phyllis Diller in her final voice role before retiring due to illness. Hayden Panettiere played Dot, Joe Ranft played Heimlich the ravenous caterpillar. David Hyde Pierce played Slim. Richard Kind playing Molt, one of the grasshoppers, Hopper’s younger brother. Jonathan Harris played Manny, Bonnie Hunt is Rosie. Directed by John Lasseter and co-directed and written by Andrew Stanton. John Ratzenberger voiced P.T.Flea. Rodger Bumpass voiced Harry the mosquito. Dennis Leary is Francis Gasp a ladybug. Brad Garrett who voiced Dim Backs. Roddy Mcdowall voiced Mr. Soil.
“What’s the point of being grown-up if you can’t be a kid sometimes?” This quote from Flik, one of A Bug’s Life’s main characters, is just one example of how this movie shows that it doesn’t matter what size you are – there should always be plenty for everyone.
- “I’m not afraid to die. I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” – Hopper
- “You are what you choose to be .” From the Caterpillar
- “I am not a bug!” This line from Flik
- “The first rule of leadership, everything is your fault” – Hopper.
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” From the character of the old lady that lives in the show.
- “What’s the point of being grown-up if you can’t be a kid sometimes?” This quote from Flik,
- “You let one ant stand up to us, then they all might stand up! Those puny little ants outnumber us a hundred to one and if they ever figure that out there goes our way of life! It’s not about food, it’s about keeping those ants in line. That’s why we’re going back! Does anybody else wanna stay?” – Hopper
- “You see Hopper, Nature has a certain order. The ants pick the food, the ants keep the food, and the grasshoppers leave!” – Princess Atta
- “You’re a walking stick. It’s funny! Now go!” – P.T. Flea
- “You’ve gotta work with me, here. Alright? Okay. Now, y-you might not feel like you can do much now, but that’s just because, well, you’re not a tree yet. You just have to give yourself some time. You’re still a seed.” – Flik
- “Ladies and gentlebugs, larvae of all stages! Rub your legs together for the world’s greatest bug circus!” – Slim
- “Harry, no! Don’t look at the light!” – Bug zapper mosquito #1, Worker Ant 1 – “I’m lost where’s the line? It just went away. What do I do? What do I do?,Worker Ant 2 – “Help!”, Worker Ant 3 – “We’ll be stuck here forever!” Mr. Soil – “Do not panic, do not panic. We are trained professionals. Now, stay calm. We are going around the leaf.”
- “It’s a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those Circle of Life kind of things. Now let me tell you how things are supposed to work: The sun grows the food, the ants pick the food, the grasshoppers eat the food…”
- “First rule of leadership: Everything is your fault.” – Hopper
- “That’s how my twelfth husband died. So, now I’m a widow. I mean, I’ve always been a black widow, but now I’m a black widow widow.” – Rosie
- “Ladies and gentlebugs! Larvae of all stages! Rub your legs together for the world’s greatest bug circus!” – Slim
- “Hey, cutie! Wanna pollinate with a real bug?” P.T Flea
- “- Flik: Here, pretend – pretend that that’s a seed.
– Dot: It’s a rock.
– Flik: Oh, I know it’s a rock, I know. But let’s just pretend for a minute that it’s a seed, alright? We’ll just use our imaginations. Now, now do you see our tree? Everything that made that giant tree is already contained inside this tiny little seed. All it needs is some time, a little bit of sunshine and rain, and voilá!
– Dot: This rock will be a tree? – Flik & Dot.
“We’ll be back at the end of the season when the last leaf falls.” Hopper.
Booboo Stewart is quoted as saying “‘A Bug’s Life’ is a really funny movie and the characters have such different personalities. The movie is happy and then gets really sad and I’m like, W’hoa, I’m feeling this way and this movie is about bugs!” and I think that quote sums up the movie perfectly.
“It’s tough to be a bug.” can be found in Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
I’m sure you agree that bugs life is an amazing story that shows the wonderful life of tough bugs.