We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
What not to do at Disney, My Top 10 Tips.
Here are my top 10 tips on what not to do in Disney (please note that this is my own personal tips)
- Don’t Sleep in – there is so much to do and see… yes by all means sleep but don’t spend all your time sleeping your whole vacation away – get out and get exploring.
- Don’t wear new shoes – make sure your shoes are comfy you may be doing 20000 steps+ a day you want comfy shoes on trust me. Fashion doesn’t normally meet function. Blisters are not fun – sore feet are not fun.
- Visit during a major holiday.… unless 1, you have been before. 2, you are aware of crowd levels and how to negoriate them and don’t mind them. Always plan and double-check crowd levels.
- Queue Jump – whatever you do….. and if you only take one tip from this list is Don’t Queue Jump…. don’t be the party that leaves one person in a queue and takes the rest of the family to ride another attraction or grab a snack… for one it messes the queue – line – estimator up and can serioudly annoy the rest of the queue..and two if you push past the wrong family and trust me it can happen they WILL tell a CM (Cast Member – See more about Disney Lingo HERE!) & they will take you out of the line… it is a no-no and and to be fair it really isn’t worth it… now don’t get me wrong if you are queuing and your child needs the bathroom… excuse yourself tell the person behind you what’s happening and tell them you will be right back. I always tell the CM as well so they are aware.
- Ponchos. When in Florida it will rain at some point when you pack your park bag ALWAYS add a Poncho super easy to slip on – no, again they are not the height of fashion – however, everyone in Disney is in the same position as you and it doesnt matter – embrace the poncho – take the poncho with you they can be expensive if buying in the parks – especially if buying for a family. Yes, I wear a poncho on water rides too – and don’t forget to civer your bum as the seats can be wet too. The only time I don’t wear on a water ride is if we are about to exit a park.
- Banned Items – Security is tight at Disney and rightly so, it;s for your own safety and keeping Disney the most magical place on earth. If you take something that is on the banned list expect to lose it.
- Sunscreen – apply sunscreen before you leave your hotel room and reapply throughtout the day, just because it’s overcast or had a shower blast you still need to apply you really don’t want sunburn it will ruin your holiday, so pack it in the park bag if you forget there are plenty of shops in Disney that sell it.
- Water – as fun as it is to drink fountain sodas with your lunch don’t let yourself get dehydrated in the Florida sun – take a refillable bottle with you and fill up as you go around the park there are plenty of water fountains around the park and they are FREE
- Dress Up – While it is acceptable for kids to dress up. Adults can only dress up for dapper day or on a certain special holiday night i.e. MNSSHP (Check out the Lingo HERE) & MVMCP
- Character Meet & Greet – While it is great that you can meet some of your favorite charaters in Disney World – please be respectful of other people in line, if you are a large party please don’t hog the characters and photo pass guys – if you are a lare party of 20 having individual shots then having two’s then having groups of fours and so on…. I’m not saying don’t get your “once in a lifetime” pictures , just please be respectful of everyone.