Magic Kingdom – The Most Magical Place on Earth!
Magic Kingdom – Walt Disney World, Orlando – is the Most Magical Place on Earth – for so many reasons.
I love walking down Main St, USA and seeing Cinderella’s Castle – I always start my vacation in Magic Kingdom and finish in Magic Kingdom – its like a Hello & See you Reel Soon.
The Magic Kingdom – Disney World.
- The most Magical Place in the World, for so many reasons.
- Cinderella’s Castle
- 6 Lands to explore
- Main Street USA
- Frontier Land
- Liberty Square
- Fantasy Land
- Special Character Meet and Greets
- Plus so much more….
The Lay of The Land!
Hitting Magic Kingdom without a plan is in my opinion a HUGE mistake.
- Main St, USA. This is the Land that every guest enters through. Main St is how Walt himself wanted it – its a blend of throwback American a street lined with shops, light on attractions but where you get a first glimpse of Cinderellas Castle. An ideal opportunity to take those castle shots. From here you can also board the iconic Disney Railroad where you will get an amazing view of the whole of the park. It really is worth a ride. On Main Street you will find the Emporium, one of the largest shops in the parks selling souvenirs & also an ever popular Starbucks.
- Adventure Land – As you stroll up Main Street to your left and over a small bridge you will enter Adventure land. As you enter Adventure land you will feel like you have been transported into a Jungle, here you will see some amazing attractions to include a Jungle Cruise (my favourite) Aladdin’s Magic Carpet to name but a few, along with some great places to cool down and enjoy a famous Dole Whip.
- Tomorrow Land- If you turn right off Main Street you will enter the ideal version of the future. Home to futuristic space themed rides. Here you will find Space Mountain & the People Mover this ride is great to sit down chill out on and get a birds eye view of the park. Here in Tomorrow land you will find many more rides and shows & if its food you are looking for then Cosmic Rays is the place to go for a burger, nuggets, pulled pork or a salad.
- Liberty Square – This is a tiny area of the Kingdom that lies behind and slightly to the left of Cinderellas Castle (as you are looking at the front of the castle) here you will find yet more amazing rides and shows and amazing restaurants. Liberty Square represents colonial America & here you will also be able to ride Liberty Square River Boat- Liberty Belle.
- Frontier Land – the wild west. You will find Frontier Land between Adventure Land & Liberty Square. As you walk around Frontier Land you really can think that you are in a cowboy movie. Here you will find two amazing mountains – Splash Mountain & Big Thunder Mountain.
- Fantasy Land – This is an amazing Land for both adults and kids alike. This really is a place where dreams are made, wishes come true. This land has some amazing iconic rides ranging from It’s a Small world, Seven Dwarves Mine Train to Dumbo and so much more. I could spend a whole day just in this land. Some amazing eateries Be Our Guest, Cinderella’s Royal Table to name but a few!
How to Plan Your Day at Magic Kingdom.
- Magic Kingdom is HUGE aprx 142 acres.
- Don’t get overwhelmed.
- Wear comfy shoes
- Keep hydrated with water.
- Utilise your fast passes – more on this to come.
- Understand the timings – different most days.
- Know where to meet your favourite characters and when.
- Have a bucket list of rides to do – as not to disappoint.
- Keep an eye on queue times I really do recommend downloading My Disney Experience App.
- Know where you are going to sit for the Parade and Fireworks.
- Book ADR’S (advance dinner reservations) in plenty of times so you know you have a secured place to eat.
What to pack in your Park Bag.
- A refillable water bottle
- A poncho – the weather can change at any given moment.
- Spare batteries for camera
- Ziplock bags – to pop your phone/camera in for water rides.
- Snacks – to nibble on in queue rides.
- Suntan cream
- Sun Glasses.
Disney World Really Is It’s Own World.
Understand at times it feels like time can still for instance when watching the fireworks but it can also drift away with you very quickly for example if can take anywhere from 30 mins to 1 hours to get from the car park to the get the Main Gate.
You will park your car in the car park or lot (depending what side of the pond you are on!) parking in either in Hero’s or Villains (Top Tip – take a picture of where you have parked after a long day in the park you don’t want to lose your car!) You can then either catch at tram to the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Centre) or walk. From the TTC, after you have cleared security you can either hop on a Monorail or take the ferryboat over Seven Seas Lagoon to the entrance of Magic Kingdom. I personally love to take the Ferry Boat on my first day.
Flexibility is the key to success when planning your days – inclement weather can play a big part in messing up best laid plans. It can cancel parades, shut down rides fill up restaurants ,making getting around parks hard. However, it can also clear rides and areas for a short time so planning and flexibility really is key.