We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Magic Kingdom Fun Facts!
Here are some Fun Facts about The Magic Kingdom Disney World
Fun Facts about Magic Kingdom
- This park is 107 acres.
- Second park to open, after California.
- Opened its doors 1st October 1971.
- The Castle is the centerpiece of Disney. It stands 189 ft tall & is designed around Cinderella
- It’s a Small World (which I love) is one of Walt’s Original versions.
- Mickey Mouse has over 290 outfits.
- The whole of Disney World in Orlando is roughly the same size as San Francisco.
- It hosts its own complimentary transportation system which connects the whole of the parks and hotels making it easy to access.
- Space Mountain is Florida oldest operating roller coaster.
- There are 12156 parking spaces at Magic Kingdom.
- The Liberty Tree is a real oak tree and is over 135 years old.
- More than 1 million fireworks are used each year above the castle.
- Main St is inspired by Marceline Missouri where the Walt Disney family lived from 1906-1910.
- There are 6 trains on Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road and all are named, I.B Hearty, I.M Brave, I.M Fearless, U.B Bold, U.R Daring & U.R Courageous.
- There are only two places in the United States where a Presidential seal exists Washington D.C & the Magic Kingdom.
- Astronauts Scott Carpenter, Gordon Cooper & Jim Irwin was present at the grand opening of Space Mountain in 1975.
- The moat around Cinderella Castle contains aprx 3.4 million gallons of water.
- Walt Disney purposely designed the parks so when you pass from land to land you don’t see the others.
- The Main Street Pavement is painted red because Walt wanted to roll out the red carpet for all his guests, it also alerts any cast members to stay in character until the pavement changes color.
- There are thousands of Hidden Mickeys throughout the resort and more are added with each change. A Hidden Mickey is a representation of Mickey Mouse that has been inserted subtly into the design of a ride, attraction, or another site. Why not see how many you can find on your next visit.
I hope you find all these facts as interesting as I do & when you are next at the Magic Kingdom take some time out to have a look around and absorb all the fun facts.